Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh smear this man across the walls like strawberries & cream!

Today I took the bus downtown to sell some things off and make some money. I listened to every Cure album up to Disintegration during my trip (but mostly The Head On the Door on repeat). I was in high school all over again. Except now I am not ashamed to hum, sing and dance along to the Cure on the bus or in the street. The bus cut through the rain and zipped past old haunts like a speeding spectre.

Hustled my way quickly through the U.S. Bancorp Tower lobby to get to Burnside. I felt like a spy in the house of love. Sold some of my worldly possessions for $40. A king's ransom for me, in times like these. Saw Joe Pass' "Virtuoso" on vinyl, but had to 'pass' it up. Quite distressing to have to do that.

Read for hours in Powell's, using their inventory like it was my own personal library. "The Origin of the Work of Art" from Basic Writings by Heidegger kept my synapses sparking. I have a copy of Basic Writings in San Jose that I neglected to bring to rainy Portland. Hopped into our favorite kaiten-zushi and got lonesome watching the calamari go round and round on the conveyor belt. I grabbed the only remaining mackerel nigiri and was saddened that I did not have to share it. Total tab = $15 w/tip. I splurged. About $8 to $9 less than when having dinner there for two.


No comments: